LiftTruckCapacityCalculator.com – WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Welcome to LiftTruckCapacityCalculator.com website (the “Site”). This Site is owned by Professional Forklift Engineering Services, LLC (“PFES”or “us”). We at PFES recognize that visitors to our website may be concerned about the information that they provide to us or that may be collected, and how we treat that information. In order to address those concerns we have developed this Website Privacy Statement.
A. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
At this Site, we may collect both personally identifiable information and non-personal information from you.
- Personally identifiable information. In order to register to use the software and services available on the Site, you must provide us with some personally identifiable information (such as your name, company name, address, e-mail address, etc.). In addition, you will be required to provide credit card information, a username and a password. You cannot register to use our Site without providing us with this information.
- Non-personal information. Non-personal information, such as which pages on the Site are accessed, what information is downloaded, what type of browser and operating system are being used, which Internet service provider is being used, and other information of this general type may be collected about visitors to the Site. This information does not allow us to personally identify the Site visitor. By collecting this information we learn how best to develop our website to meet the needs and desires of our visitors.
B. METHODS OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personally identifiable information is collected when submitted by you – such as when you register with us or when you send us an e-mail. Personally identifiable information may also be collected when you include it as part of the information that you post on our Site in a forum or comment. Non-personal information may be collected via “cookies” (small text files place on your computer’s hard drive), “web beacons” or other technology.
C. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Personally identifiable information. If you register to use our Site, then we may use your personally identifiable information to maintain your account, provide you the services you request, process your orders and correspond with you. We may also use your personally identifiable information to send you updates and information about the Site. We may also provide your personal information to our third party service providers, such as lawyers, accountants and financial institutions, to perform a variety of functions – such as processing your credit card order. However, all third party service providers are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than for which they were selected to work with PFES. We will not provide your personal information to third parties to market their products to you unless you authorize us to do so. If you e-mail us, submit comments to us, or ask to be placed on a mailing list that we maintain, then we may contact you and send information to you. We may also use your personally identifiable information to assist in delivery of content that is customized to your interests. We do not collect personally identifiable information on an automatic basis, but we may combine non-personal information (which may be automatically collected) with your previously submitted personally identifiable information. We may also use your personally identifiable information as set forth elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
- Non-personal information. We may use your non-personal information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, as part of a statistical website usage analysis, to improve the features and content of this website, and/or for other purposes to assist our business. We may share non-personal information with advertisers and other third parties, typically in the aggregate. We may also use your non-personal information as set forth elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
- Links from the Site to advertisers and other third parties. Please be aware that advertisers and other third parties accessible through the Site (such as via links from this Site) may have their own privacy practices. PFES is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of the third parties when providing information to them. These third parties may provide the personally identifiable information that they collect to PFES and may also use the information in accordance with their own privacy practices.
- Public forum. If you submit a forum entry, post a comment on the Site or make a similar public submission, the information in your submission may be published to the general public. Please exercise caution when making such submissions. Please note that most such submissions are not reviewed prior to publication. We will not be responsible to read, respond to, or perform in accordance with any requests for privacy or confidentiality that are included with the submission or at any time. Nor are we responsible to remove or edit such postings or submissions.
- Other uses. In addition to the uses set forth elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, PFES may use or disclose personal or non-personal information: (i) in cases where we believe in good faith that it is necessary to prevent a crime, an injury or financial loss to ourselves or to third parties; (ii) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of this Site (including violation of the End User License Agreement); (iii) pursuant to a court order, warrant, subpoena, discovery request, or as required by law; (iv) in conjunction with the sale or offering for sale of some or all of PFES; (v) in the event of PFES's bankruptcy, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or similar financial circumstances; and/or (vi) when you have been made aware of the possibility of use or disclosure of the information at or prior to the time of collection or disclosure.
D. OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures that we believe are appropriate to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that we cannot guaranty the security of our databases or Site; nor can we guaranty that information will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In order to use some of the features of this Site, you will be required to create an account with us. For your protection, this account will only be accessible by means of a password or similar security measure. If you believe that your password or e-mail address has been compromised, you should change your account with us immediately. If you forget your password, follow the instructions set forth on the Site.
E. ADULT USE
This Site is intended for adult use only. No on under 18 years of age is knowingly permitted to register to use this Site. PFES does not solicit correspondence, Site visits or memberships from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not use this Site.
F. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND “OPT OUT” PROCEDURES
You may change your online account information with PFES at any time by accessing your account through the Site (if you forgot your password, follow the instructions on the Site). We have no obligation to change or permit you to access any other information that you have submitted to PFES or we have collected. Nor do we have any obligation to limit our uses of such information other than as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
G. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement may be changed from time to time. The version in effect on your registration date shall apply during the initial term of your membership agreement. The current version of this Privacy Statement is effective March 14, 2009. In the event that you renew, the version of this privacy statement in effect at your renewel date will be in effect for your renewel term.
H. TO CONTACT US
To contact us, please do so at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2009, Professional Forklift Engineering Services, LLC. All rights reserved.